Who is the course for?
Anyone who uses or will be using a telescopic handler in the land-based industries or construction industry.
Novice operators – 5 days
Experienced operators – varying depending on experience
1 instructor : 3 trainees
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer's instructions in accordance with the operator's handbook and other information sources i.e. load charts, and applicable regulations.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the tele-handler for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground not applicable for Industrial Telescopic) and substantial inclines, both with and without a load.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load.
- Set the telescopic handler in order to lift various loads.
- Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the telescopic handler.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads.
- Overalls, protective clothing and boots
- PPE (eye, head, foot and hand protection)
- Wellington boots
- Wet weather clothing
- High visibility jacket
- Notebook and pencil
- Land-based/CPCS theory test question paper.
- Land-based/CPCS operator assessment form.
For information on course places, please ring 01752 844473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org