Who is the course for?
Anyone required to use an ATV as part of their work. This would include novices and experienced operators who require their skills up-dating, with certification.
CLVA05X - 2 days (complete novices may need 3 days)
CLVA06X - 1 day (with prior certificate of basic training or signed experience operator declaration form)
Suggested 1:6 with at least 3 machines.
- Legal requirements
- General Safety Code/PPE
- Typical causes of accidents
- What is an ATV
- Transmissions and Drives
- Controls and Instruments
- Daily Checks/Re-Fuelling
- Start/stop procedure
- Emergency Stop
- Risk Assessment/Route Planning
- Failed Hill Climb techniques
- Complex riding situations
- Limits of towing trailers/implements
- Loading capacities
- Causes of accidents/how to prevent them
- Daily Checks on all equipment
- Loading of racks/hitching up trailers
- Assessment of riding/hitching/loading
- Overalls, protective clothing and boots
- PPE (eye, head, foot and hand protection)
- Wellington boots
- Wet weather clothing
- High visibility jacket
- Notebook and pencil
- All Terrain Vehicles - Operator’s Guide
- Operators’ Assessment Sheets - for Instructor’s use.
- HSE Information Sheet – Safe use of ATVs in agriculture & forestry.
For information on course places, please ring 01752 844473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org