Who is the course for?
Farmers, managers, fitters, foremen and workers who are required to use abrasive wheels or petrol powered saws and supervise their use.
This is a one day course.
- Introduction and aims of course
- Legislative responsibilities
- Abrasive wheel characteristics and cutting action
- Abrasive wheel composition and marking system
- Wheel and spindle speed
- Inspection, handling, storage and transport
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Abrasive wheel components
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels and saws
- Mounting an abrasive wheel
- Adjustment of work rests
- Truing and dressing the wheel
- Mounting a diamond blade
- Fault finding
Petrol Driven Saws:
- Diamond blades
Use of Equipment:
- The safe use of equipment
- Practical Assessment and Assessment of Underpinning knowledge
Eye protection (CE EN166 B), suitable protective workshop clothing, bench mounted grinder, petrol driven saw, and hand held machines (relevant to each course) in safe working order.
Skills guide, practical assessment report form, theory test paper.
For information on course places, please ring 01752 844473 or email email@example.com